01 April 2007

Now I just came back from Jogeva where I was preaching. It was a blessing to be there and share the word. The people there are so hungry and receives the word as it is.

I was preaching from John 12:26-27, where it is talking about Jesus riding into Jerusalem on a donkey. The people were praising him as the king of Israel, but Jesus also knew that in few days, the same people would shout: "Crucify him!!" It says in verse 27 the His soul was troubled. He knew that the hour had come when he had to give up his life for people on the earth. This was not an easy thing for Him to do. We have to remember that Jesus, the Son of God, lived as a man here on earth. He had put aside all the priviledges of being God, and lived fully as a man. So He could feel the pressure from every side. Just imagine yourself being in his position, knowing that a crucifixion was waiting...

But Jesus said: "...unless a corn of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much fruit" John 12:24

Jesus knew that He was sent by God to this earth for one purpose -to die for humanity. To die for the sin that was bounding people all over the earth. Jesus looked at the fruit that would come after His crucifixion. His death would bring freedom from salvery of sin to humanity!

"And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to Myself." John 12:32

What a tremendous fruit! His blood that was shed 2000 years ago, still speaks to day! All people are drawn to Him. What we have to do, is to come to Him. Because every person who calls upon the Name of Jesus shall be saved. Every person on the earth, even to day, can take part in what Jesus did on the cross. Sin and sickness was put on Jesus at the cross, so we can receive forgiveness and healing, to day!

"Thank you, Jesus, for the love you have for us. That you died for us even when we were sinners. We didn't deserve to receive your love. But you chose to lay down your life for us, so that we could be cleansed from all sin and have peace with God. Because of you, I can call myself a son of God. Jesus, in the same way as you gave up your life for me, I give up my life for you. My life is in your hands. You are my Lord. Use it for your glory! Amen."

(ps. this is not an 1st April joke...)

No comments: